We are currently HIRING! Please click here for the current hiring position descriptions!
Americorps VIPs at CSUMB
In August of 2010, ten AmeriCorps VIP (Volunteer Infrastructure Program) Fellows started their terms of service with various community partners of the Service Learning Institute under the supervision of Laura Lee Lienk. In addition, two AmeriCorps VIP leaders, Rachel Osias Service Learning Student Leadership Program Specialist and Steven Goings CSUMB Student Affairs Community Engagement Liaison. started their terms of service at the Service Learning Institute.
Nationally, AmeriCorps is known as the domestic Peace Corps and provides a huge array of services to those in need. The AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP) is designed to address the significant challenges faced by California communities due to the recent economic downturn. Through the program, teams of AmeriCorps members will be placed in communities to develop volunteer programs, harnessing the desire to serve to directly impact communities in need. Specifically, these non-profits will focus on providing services to children and their families.
All positions are full time (1700 hours per term of service). Service terms run 10-11 months. The positions focus on building the capacity of the agency by building and strengthening volunteer programs in community agencies. AmeriCorps is not a job; it is a paid service experience. All positions pay a living allowance throughout the term of service and an educational award upon completion.
Interested in becoming a member?
* AmeriCorps is not a job; it is a paid service experience. AmeriCorps members are not employees of the agency; they are AmeriCorps members serving at a host site.
* AmeriCorps is a 10-11 month service commitment that will begin 8/22/2011 for the next service year.
* Members receive a living allowance, paid twice monthly in equal installments throughout the term of service.
* Full-time members (1700 hours) are eligible for health insurance and subsidized child-care for the length of their service term.
* AmeriCorps offers an opportunity to gain new skills and experience the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping others.
* All positions are full-time (1700 hours/year).
* The positions focus on building the capacity of agencies by building and strengthening volunteer programs in community agencies.
* Upon successful completion of AmeriCorps service, members become eligible for an education award that can be used to pay for college and some work training programs or repay outstanding student loans.
* The education award for full time members is $5,350.00 and for half-time members is $2,675.00 beginning in the 2010 service year.
* AmeriCorps members who begin service in 2010 or later, who are age 55 older at the time they commence service, may, upon successful completion of a term of service, transfer the education award to a child, grandchild, or foster child.
For More Info follow the below link
Check out a youtube video about some AmeriCorps VIP fellows around the country!