Each semester, the Service Learning Institute sponsors opportunities for Service Learning faculty and community partners to discuss their scholarly work related to service during lunch time sessions called "Soup, Salad, & Service". This fall we are continuing the conversations.
Previous presenters have been;
- Professors Andrea Monroe from First Year Seminar
- Dr. Seth Pollack from Service Learning
- Dr. John Berteaux from Human Communications
- Angie Ngoc-Tran from Social Behavioral & Global Studies
- Debra Busman from the Human Communications
- Dr. Debra Burke & Dr. Pamela Motoike from Service Learning
- Professor Dan Shapiro & Laura Lee Lienk from the Science & Environmental Policy
- Rev. Rick Slone of Dorothy's Place and Laura Tantillo
- Professor Stephanie Johnson, Visual & Public Art
- Professor Sanjay Lanka, School of Business
- Dr. Gerald Shenk of Social Behavioral/Global Studies
- Professors Enid Blader & Steven Levinson of Teledramatic Arts & Technology
- Dr. Scott Waltz and Dr. Miguel Lopez of Liberal Studies
- Professor Rina Benmayor of Human Communication, and
- Professor Lila Staples of Visual and Public Art
Our first event fo the Fall will happen Tuesday, October 28th. All Soup, Salad & Service events take place in the Service Learning Institute (Bldg 44) at 12-2pm.
For ten semesters, Service Learning faculty, community partners, and students have shared their experiences and practices with students, staff, and colleagues over a light lunch. All are welcome.
For more information contact Andrea Monroe, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.582.5175